Hyderabad is the capital city of the southern state of both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. It is also known as “the city of pearls”. The city is listed as UNESCO creative city of gastronomy. Handicrafts, paintings, literature, clothing, dialect, jewellery are prominent even today. The Telugu film industry based in the city is known for being the second largest producer of motion pictures in India. It is a hub of IT firms, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology. It is one of the largest metropolitan areas in India. The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation has six administrative zones and thirty circles which has 150 municipal wards.
Here are the six administrative zones:
The Charminar is a monument and a mosque located in Hyderabad, Telangana. It is listed among the most recognized structures in India. It is one of the tourist attractions of Hyderabad. It is popular for its busy local markets surrounding the Charminar. It is situated on the east bank of the river Musi. On the west lies the Laad Bazaar, to the southwest lies the Makkah Masjid.
Places of travel near the monument:
- Laad Baazar
The market around the monument Charminar is Laad Baazar. It is known for jewellery and has 14,000 shops.
- Char Kaman and Gulzar Houz
At the north of Charminar are four arches known as Char Kaman. These are the Charminar Kaman, Machli Kaman, Seher-e-Batil and Kali Kaman. At the centre of these arches is a fountain that is the Gulzar Houz.
- Makkah Masjid
It overlooks another monument and that is the Makkah Masjid. Commissioned by Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah, the central arch of this grand mosque has bricks made from the soil of Mecca, the holiest shrine in Islam.
It is located in the northern part of the city. It is one of the six zones of Hyderabad.
Prominent Places of Interests:
- It is a popular for manufacturing facilities for textiles, pharmaceuticals,chemicals etc.
- It is one of the major commercial areas of Hyderabad.
- LB Nagar
LB Nagar is located in the eastern part of the city. It is one of the six zones of Hyderabad. Hayathnagar, LB Nagar, Uppal, Saroornagar, Kapra are the circles in LB Nagar.
- Vanasthaipuram has several landmarks such as the Ramoji Film City, Venketeswara Swamy Temple,Mahavira Harina Vanasthali.
- Ramanthapur has the Rajiv Gandhi Cricket Stadium.
- Nacharam is known for its she factories.
- Saroornagar is one of the largest commercial and residential areas.
It is located in the western part of the city. It is one of the six zones of Hyderabad. Chandanagar, Yousafguda, Patancheru, Serilingampally are the circles in Serilingampally
- Serilingampally is known for IT Firms
- HITEC City is located in this city
- Borabanda is a popular residential area
- Yousafguda is a popular residential area
It is located in the central part of the city.It is one of the six zones of Hyderabad.
Prominent Places of Interests:
- Golconda is popular for the Golconda Fort
- Mehendipatnam is known for having PV Narasimha Rao Expressway which connects major suburbs of Hyderabad to the International Airport
- Ameerpet is known to have famous landmarks like Masjid-e-Akhtarunissa Begum, Nizamia Observatory
- Begum Bazaar, is the largest commercial areas of the city of Hyderabad
- Kahiratabad is a popular for commercial areas
It is located in the northeast part of the city. It is one of the six zones of Hyderabad. Secundrabad, Amberpet, Bengumpet, Malkajgiri and Mursheedabad are the circles of Secundrabad
Prominent Places of Interests:
- Musheedabad is a popular commercial center
- Bengumpet is a popular commercial center
- Moula Ali is popular for factories, Moula Ali Hills
- Himayat Nagar is most populated areas of Hyderabad It has famous restaurants and brand outlets
- Kachiguda is known for footwear, textile market
- The population of Hyderabad is 6 million as per the 2011 Census Report
- As per the 2011 Census Report the literacy rate of males and females are 87.31 percent and 79.04 percent respectively.
- The male population is 51.1 percentage and female population is 48.9 percentage.
- Age wise distribution of the population of Hyderabad:
|Age Group||Percentage of Total Population|
|0-14 yrs||27.4 %|
|15-29 yrs||30.9 %|
|30-44 yrs||16.2 %|
|45-59 yrs||18.6 %|
|60+ yrs||6.9 %|
- Most of the people staying in Hyderabad come from other states of India
Television in Hyderabad
The number of television households in Hyderabad is 2,262,000 according to BARC report. 49.4 percent of females and 50.6 percent of males view television. The general entertainment, sports, news channels,devotion are the most watched. The most watched television is in the local language Telugu.
Age-wise viewers of television:
|Age||Percentage of Viewers|
|2-14 yrs||23.2 %|
|15-21 yrs||14.1 %|
|22-30 yrs||20.1 %|
|31-40 yrs||16.8 %|
|41-50 yrs||11.1 %|
|51-60 yrs||6.8 %|
The top 10 television channels in Hyderabad:
|ETV Telugu||General Entertainment|
|Star Maa||General Entertainment|
|Zee Telugu||General Entertainment|
|Gemini TV||General Entertainment|
|Star Plus||General Entertainment|
|Star Sports 1||Sports|
Radio in Hyderabad
Radio, as a medium, offers a form of entertainment that attracts listeners while they are working, traveling, relaxing or doing almost anything. Radio offers information such as: news, weather reports, traffic conditions, advertising and music for your listening pleasure. Radio Advertising is the second most widely used medium that people can connect to. Radio at present covers 97.5% of the total population and 91% of the total area of India.
Top 10 radio stations in Hyderabad:
|Radio Mirchi||Telugu / Hindi|
|Red FM||Telugu / Hindi|
|Big FM||Telugu / Hindi|
|Radio City||Telugu / Hindi|
|Mirchi||Telugu / Hindi|
|Radio Fever||Telugu / Hindi|
|AIR Rainbw FM||Telugu|
|AIR Vividh Bharti||Telugu|
Newspapers in Hyderabad
India is the second-largest market of newspapers in the world. There are over 100,000 publications. Daily newspapers circulation is over 240 million copies. Hindi-language newspapers have the largest circulation. Publications are produced in 22 scheduled languages in the country as well in other languages also. Placing your advertisement in a newspaper provides you with the advantage of knowing that your audience is more likely to notice it they are habitually reading the newspaper.
The top 10 newspapers in Hyderabad according to circulation are:
|Telugu Jaatiya Dinapatrika Vaartha||Telugu|
|The Times of India||English|
|Neeti Dina Patrika Surya||Telugu|
|The Hyderabad Mirror||Telugu|
Outdoor and Transit
Outdoor advertising also known as Out of Home Advertising (OOH) is the advertising done outside the home. It includes billboards, street, road, highway, transit advertisements that you see on the go. A person on an average travels 36 kilometer per day in Hyderabad. People who usually travel daily can be reached out through the outdoor and transit media.
The most common outdoor advertising in Delhi are:
- Bus Shelters
- Gantry Ads
- Mall Media Ads
- Glow Sign Board
- Projection Screening
- Metro Pillars
- Pole Kiosks
Transit Advertising is the advertising placed in or on the modes of public transportation or the public transportation areas
Transit advertising that can be done are:
- Cab-branding advertising
- Bus Advertising
- In-train advertising
- Metro Advertising
- Auto Branding