This includes a series of articles:
- About Advertising in Radio
- Know about the sectors that does Radio advertising
- Regions that advertised on Radio
- The increase in listenership of radio amidst the pandemic
About Advertising in Radio
Radio Advertising is the second most widely used medium that people can connect to. It can be called word of mouth advertising. Due to its popularity, it is one of the best platforms to market the services of several businesses.
FM Radio Advertising in India started with the launch of Radio City Bangalore on July 3, 2001 as the first private FM station in India. Radio broadcasting started in the year 1927 but the commercial broadcasting started in the year 1967 by the All-India Radio also known as AIR.
Popular FM stations in India are Radio Mirchi, Radio FM, Radio One and FM Air Rainbow.
Radio at present covers 97.5% of the total population and 91% of the total area of India. There are 150 medium wave transmitters, 54 short wave transmitters, 104 F.M. transmitters. As of 2018 there are 369 radio stations across 101 cities across India. Large FM markets are in the cities such as Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi and Kolkata.
Why to advertise on radio
FM radio advertising has various advantages. Advertisers choose to advertise on the FM radio for the following reasons:
1.Radio ads can help businesses with selective targeting based on specific market and demographic segmentations.
- Radio ads works with the frequency and being able to expose your ad to the audience repeatedly to build awareness.
- Radio ads are effective, transparent and strongly stored in memory.
- FM radio rates have significantly less costs compared to other types of media.