This includes a series of articles:
- Some Information on Advertising in Television
- Know about the sectors that does TV advertising
- Regions and Languages to advertise in television
- Choose the genre of TV to advertise in
- An insight about the television viewers in India during the pandemic
- The impact of Covid-19 on Gaming and Ed-tech companies
Some Information on Advertising in Television
The Indian television channels are widely classified through Broadcast television, Cable television, Satellite television, Internet Protocol Television. There are currently 902 private satellite television channels in India as of March 2019. Televisions are broadcasted in homes through cables and direct to home ( DTH ) in India. The Television advertising rates vary for TV ad spots, regional, national channels, prime time, non-prime time and on media planning platforms.Television ads leave a long-lasting impact on our minds and it helps facilitates brand credibility.
Brands in India rely on effective storytelling to capture the audience’s emotions. TV ads due to higher cost and stringent standard are self-selective in nature and help build a robust credibility and premium perception for brands that chose to advertise on TV.
Statistics show that India is the world’s second-largest television market. With the presence of 836 million households backed up by 914 billion viewing minutes per week, individuals happen to spend an average of 3 hours 42 minutes per viewer. It has an average of 762 million viewers per week.
The types of advertising include
-General Entertainment Channel
As per data from TAM Media Research’s TAM Adex, the central and state governments relied heavily on television for their mass outreach programmes in 2020 during the Covid-19 outbreak and the subsequent lockdowns to take advantage of high viewership numbers.
The numbers, based on a survey covering more than 600 TV channels, showed that while there was a 16% increase in social ads and 43% was dedicated to spreading awareness on and prevention of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Television was the most preferred medium for social ads by the government with 62% of the entire volume of advertisements going on TV.
Why choose Television Advertising
In order to build an efficient TV ad, a successful script needs first to emphasise a strong bid. Advertisements often need to be created successfully, which is why the services of a publicity firm are always preferable, which will assist you in producing the whole campaign.
1. Television reaches a larger audience both in the national and regional level in a short period of time.
2. It allows you to convey your message through visual, motion and sound, that can give your product and service instant credibility.
3. It gives you an opportunity to be creative and attach a personality to the brand.
4. It is an opportunity to tap into a captive audience.